November 9, 2012

Current engine projects

I was crawling through my files and I noticed something interesting.

I have three projects running, instead of two. All are marked as graphics engines.

AGE - Autumn Graphics Engine, is the main project, it is for desktops and is build upon OpenGL 2.1, but as I have newer GPU now, I'll be rewriting it to use OpenGL 4.3. There will be short/medium break until I show anything interesting (other than simple spheres) because the architechture is very different to 2.1.

AGE for Android (AGE.A) is Java-based OpenGL engine for Android, it currently has _very_ basic abilities. I intend to get it working alongside other projects.

and then I found something awesome.

AGE.DS or AGE for Nintendo DS, which is C++ based OpenGL engine for NDS. There is no 3DS sdk afaik, so I can't divide it for that too. Also there are no cards that support .3ds files. It currently is in it's beginning phases, as I'm trying to understand how to best make use of the capabilities of the system. So far I can only draw to the top screen in 3D (or lower if I wanted to). I intend making AGE.DS my secondary project if I find motivation to keep swapping cards in and out of the handheld.

I will most likely (once I get my hands on one) make an engine for the new OUYA, because it has open API and development is directed at indies.

On related note, Unity is going to add export capability to OUYA, but I think the publishing pipeline won't be integrated, just like with iOS.

No comments: