April 3, 2010

Imaging AGE

As I promised earlier today, I will update some screens to you. I keep my promises.

But before them, I would like to give a small(ish) list that includes features in my current TODO-list and features on my COULDHAS-list.

TODO (in possible order of completion)
  • Shadows with spotlights, point lights and global (sun) lighting, in that order
  • Dynamics
  • Scene exporter to blender
  • Material files
  • Animations (keyframe)
  • Particles
  • Multithreaded system
  • LUA scripting
COULDHAS (in no order)
  • Scene graph: thanks to Samuel Anjam for reminding me of this thing. I was first a bit against it when he thought adding it to his engine, BlendELF, but then I also begun some investigations and thought why not. I will explain later what scene graph is and why it's useful.
  • Cache and asset system: Or in direct terms; a more sophisticated file system.
  • Bones animation: Something every GE nowdays needs. I just need to look up to this to implement it, when I get there.

That's the short "public" version of my little list. I will explain how I implement things as I push on. I will also probably add tutorials when I see fit that this engine can be shared.

Now something random called screenshots:


Sphere. I know I said I wouldn't post a sphere. Couldn't resist.


Sled that uses two materials. Thanks to blendercookie.com.


Sled closeup. Thanks to blendercookie.com.

No comments: