April 22, 2010

Engine status [22042010]

As I don't have anything else to rant about, I will give quickish update about the status of the engine as of now.

Engine supports fully Python, and there aren't (atm) any found bugs. I'm in the middle of writing PAK file format for AGE, that, in all simplicity, works as a package, both crypted and packed, if so wanted. Currently it is designed to hold data for camera, entity, mesh, image, material, worldnode, light and shader. I also plan on adding the support for scripts later.

My COULDHAS is also been expanded with possible editor. It'd work as better management for engine data, and easier "export" of PAKs, as it's pretty hard to do directly from blender. Not impossible, but hard and complicated.

EDIT: I'm currently working on the Blender exporter. It's more easier than I thought.

Compatibility settings are still on the shelf, with only parts of it in use. I found it more important to program major features before making sure it's completely bug free and compatible with other machines. I will probably add the system before initial beta release to the wild, which should, by current plans, happen in three, four weeks. Before the release, I will try to upload a few videos and give complete list of features implemented and a little tutorial for fly through level.

No comments: